Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tiger fishing

I have done a very little bit of tiger fishing in my time. Once when I was a kid and we went to Lake Kariba and stayed on a houseboat. That was fun. Part of that tour we went to Mana Pools, I think I also almost caught a croc and could have been taken out by one. Was a bit clueless as we where fishing from the side and the next thing a croc appears. We all did a serious back jump. I have also fished above Vic falls and below. The below is where you go down by the old Vic Hotel. We also started our white water rafting from that spot. I have been twice to Chirundu, that was an amazing experience and we caught some 8kg tigers there. It was great as I also started playing with lures as I got bored of just drifting with bait. When that tiger hits the lure it is something else. The power and speed catches me ever time. We lost many as I was a bit clueless on how to get a hookup. 

The other place I have fished was lake Jozini. My father, brother in-law and I did the annual Jozini tiger fishing comp. It was a blast but the fishing was not great. I need to make a mission to go there again. We ending up drifting in the clean water and casting spoons, it was fun to see the tigers racing after the spoon.

I was checking out http://www.tourettefishing.com/ facebook updates and that is what has got me excited about tiger fishing. Here is their facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tourette-Fishing-try-fight-it-in-Africa/90837823797

   

No comments:

Post a Comment